Education and Engagement Projects Manager
Democracy Maine is seeking an Education and Engagement Projects Manager. This individual should be an expert at developing accountable and high-performing volunteer teams who creates and adapts processes to ensure projects are impactful and relationships are valued.
- Support volunteer project teams for civic education and engagement, including: meeting management, goal-setting, volunteer orientation, and leadership development goals, problem-solving and filling skills gaps, organizing internal resources and other staff support, evaluation.
- Ensure keystone projects (Voter Guide, voter registration, Ranked Choice Voting education, etc) are meaningfully lead by volunteers, with clear process delineation and role definition, while ensuring internal and external commitments are met.
- Provide staff support to program goals of the Council of Local League Leaders.
- Ensure integration of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of projects and project teams.
- Work closely with the organizing team to connect project teams with external partners and potential volunteers.
- Assess new project ideas and opportunities, shepherd fact-finding and program design, make recommendations on viability and impact of projects to Executive Director.
- Experience leading volunteer teams.
- The demonstrated ability to connect with individuals with a broad range of skills, experience, and confidence in leadership abilities. Works well with diverse or marginalized populations; can bring in allies across diverse communities.
- Facilitative leadership: constantly seeks to develop volunteer ownership and accountability for all aspects of projects.
- Comfort working in a networked, team-based, non-hierarchical environment.
- Demonstrated project management and planning skills: stays on top of multiple projects without dropping any balls, plans backward and anticipates obstacles, identifies and involves stakeholders appropriately, uses resources wisely
- Meeting management skills
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prior knowledge of or experience in civic engagement, education, or democracy reform.
- Experience as a volunteer, including in a leadership role.
- A community organizer's orientation to building power through growing the capacity and knowledge of everyday people.
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter by email to Nadya Mullen at email@example.com using the subject line `Education and Engagement Projects Manager' by July 16th.
Marion Holshouser Money in Politics Internships
We are seeking interns to help advance our mission to create a government truly of, by, and for all people. Internships are created based on the interest of applicants and organizational needs. The primary focus areas include communications, community organizing and volunteer engagement, legal research, and/or grassroots fundraising. Interns will work with teams of volunteers on activities designed to increase informed voter engagement, and advocate for a more inclusive democracy. In 2018, we are registering voters, expanding our nonpartisan voter guide, encouraging turnout in under-represented communities, supporting a ballot referendum to increase transparency in Portland elections, and planning our policy agenda for the next Maine legislature! This is a great opportunity to develop community organizing, communications and research skills in a winning, fast-paced, nonprofit organization. You will help advance social change in one of the most important issues facing our democracy today. Learn more here.
MCCE and the LWVME are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applicants of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate in employment against persons based on color, race, religion, age, ability, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or marital status. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.