Join the League Lobby Corps.
Here are the issues we're following:
- Clean Elections & Campaign Finance Reform
- Voting Rights & Elections, including Ranked Choice Voting and Early Voting
- Ethics & Disclosure
The Legislative Lobby Corps pursues a full lobbying agenda in Augusta. League members from around the state analyze relevant bills and regulations, help choose those where the League can make a real difference, work in coalition with other organizations, apply established League positions to the issues, write testimony, attend committee and agency hearings and work sessions, blog about their legislative experience and observations, contact legislators, and help publicize our work. Members of the Lobby Corps work closely with the League's Advocacy Committee and the State Board on these activities.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference on the issues that matter most to the League. Volunteers can contribute as much time as they have available. A considerable amount of the work can be done from home or office.
No experience necessary!
We need volunteers interested in doing one or more of the following, no experience necessary:
- Download, read and analyze a proposed law
- Apply established League positions to the bill
- Help design a "lobbying blueprint" for the bill (when we should do what)
- Help track dates for public hearings, work sessions and other activities
- Assist in preparing written testimony for oral presentation by our President
- Lobby legislators to support League positions (either in Augusta or your home District)
- Attend public hearings and/or work sessions in Augusta
- Blog about legislative experience and observations
- Help develop a legislative scorecard, tracking key votes by lawmakers on League issues.
- Monitor proposed agency rule-making, develop testimony when needed
- Monitor special legislative committees that often meet between sessions
- Help start a "Legislative Listserv" to keep our members informed of Lobby Corps activities.